Many people have never heard of or considered having a carbon monoxide detector installed in their home. I was one of these people until I was in the process of becoming a foster/adoptive parent and having a carbon monoxide detector in each room in my house was required. I didn’t understand why this was necessary at the time, but I knew that I wanted to make my house as safe as it could be for my future children. So, I hired a professional to install a detector in each bedroom and main living area in my home. Although, I knew that I could install them myself, I wanted to make sure that it was done correctly. You might ask why is this important or even what is carbon monoxide and how does it get into my home?Continue reading “Carbon Monoxide: Colorless, Odorless, Tasteless and Deadly. Why You Need a Carbon Monoxide Detector in Your Home”
Q: Why do we need Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detectors in our homes?
A: The simple answer is – anytime we are burning any type of fossil fuel in our home, whether it’s a heating system or an appliance that uses a fossil fuel, we should have an active CO Detector installed to detect any leaking gases inside the home. Continue reading “What’s the Deal with Carbon Monoxide Detectors?”